A good cafe, caffè, coffeehouse, etc. is a universal living room of world culture. They are places where lives are lived, business carried out, revolutions started, loves introduced, art displayed, music played, novels and movies written, great discussions held…all over a steaming cup or a cold glass. Some of us can always be found here. The Virtual Town Square is graced by the Caffè Pellegrino.
A cup on your table
A European styled caffè where artists, musicians, writers and students from the University like to hang out. There are several tables here:
- John’s Table
- Your Table (Forums)
- The Back Room (Sorry, Invitation Only)
Other Cafes in the World (which serve as John’s living rooms, actually or potentially):
- San Francisco Caffes
- Caffe Trieste: The Godfather of all West Coast Caffes
- Silicon Valley:
- Santa Cruz:
- East Bay:
- Cafe Flore: A parisian cafe full of literary and philosophical history
- (See other Paris Cafe’s here)
- The Past (R.I.P.)
- The Phoenix Cafe in downtown San Jose was full of life.
- The Upstart Crow in the Pruneyard was the first Silicon Valley Caffe (now relegated to SoCal).
- The Cafe Chameleon on the river in Santa Cruz had a very special vibe.
- Mission City Coffee Roasting Co. (Santa Clara)
- Monsieur Beans (Willow Glen)
- Bean There (There was also a cafe with this name in Derry, which I went to) used to be my local
- Caffe Soma
- Friends don’t let friends go to Tar For Bucks!